Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our God

Today was such an encouraging day for me!

This whole week has been amazing, seriously, and not at all what I expected. I came into this week just expecting to endure a bunch of silly 'team building' games, but I have found myself soaking in precious information about cross cultural evangelism and mannerisms and customs of Japan, as well as a genuine taste of intentional community among my teammates. God is so good! I feel so refreshed and back on track, I just love being around people... and, the people here are especially amazing. Singing in a room with teams of people going overseas either that night or the next day is an experience beyond comparison. Knowing we have all taken the step and answered the call, is just beautiful. Being in a room full of ambassadors who are actively moving... ah.

Knowing I have been chosen to be apart of this precious group is such an amazing blessing to my heart. In the weeks before this trip, I experienced so much discouragement through friends leaving, school ending and just.... it seemed like everything was over and my world was crashing down around me. I felt like I did not even want to come on this trip, and was just so down... but GOD IS FAITHFUL. He held my hand as I stumbled about, and taught me truths that cannot be expressed in words.

To Nicole who graciously listened my phone calls filled with tearful frustration and doubt, and encouraged me with truth and challenged me in love... thank you!!!

To Bethy, my dearest and lovely friend and roommate, for all of the pillow talks about truth, life and well... wordless conversations... okay seriously, God has blessed me with you in a way that lets me KNOW he loves me. You are the best friend, i love you and I am praying for you!

To Sarah, who sat with me and ran errands with me when I felt overwhelmed, you kept me going and showed me the mercy of God. I love you!!

There are so many others who have encouraged me throughout this whole semester that it would honestly take me a month to write everything down... so if I did not include you, know that its not becuase you have just skipped my mind or I have forgotten your impact, you know who you are, and you should know that I appreciate you beyond words. The encouragement you have all given me, God has used in such a way as to allow me to now carry His name to a nation that does not know Him yet.

I know this trip will have its ups and downs, and I know that there will be times of hardship coming my way, but right now I am experiencing joy and peace, and I am just STOKED to be going back to Japan TOMORROW!!!! LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!! AHHHHH

Also, for a team of 16 who needed over $19,000... just a few days ago...we now only need around $1,200. God provided an excess of $1,425 for me through all of you that went towards a teammate who needed money to get to Japan. Eternal blessings.

Well, now I have to try and sleep. I will try to update when we get to Japan. Pray for us all, we have an early morning tomorrow, a ride to the airport, looong flight, train tickets to buy, a few trains to catch and apartments to move into before we will have the chance to sleep again. Pray especially for our leaders, Gen and Heather, as they have to endure all of this, and keep track of 15 college students, some of whom have never been overseas before. I am excited and expecting to find more evidence of God's faithfulness.

Sorry this got long. Leave comments please!!!
love to you all
OUR GOD IS FAITHFUL
selah

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger account, select 'name/url' in the 'comment as' scroll box. Then just type in your name. Don't worry about the URL =)