Monday, May 25, 2009

And So It Begins

Today was orientation day. We made our way from Koenji to Mitaka, and met with the staff for the Western portion of the targeted Tokyo area. As some of you know, I was in Tokyo a little over a year and a half ago, and stayed in Mitaka (a little area inside of Tokyo) for about 3 weeks. When I arrived at the train station, and went down the escalator into Mitka, I started to cry... I am not sure why, but something in my heart was stirred as I was filled with excitement and disbelife that after almost two years, I had made it back.

The last time I was in Mitaka, it was in the middle of a crazy around-the-world trip I took after highschool, and I was feeling very overwhelmed and exhausted. I was graciously accepted and loved by the CCC staff here, and left with a warm heart and a desire to someday, if possible, return.

Honestly, I never really expected to return, and the fact that I am in fact back in Tokyo is quite surreal to me. I am just blown away to be back, and the need for workers here is heavy on my heart. Be praying that God would give me guidance and wisdom these next few weeks....

On a lighter note, I got to see some of my dear Japanese friends that had NO idea I was coming and greeted me with such joy and.... ahh... yes, there were tears on my part. They are so dear to me, I just love them all.

Yukiko is particularly close to my heart. While I was here, she was a constant joy to be around, and always uplifted my spirit. She is someone you cannot help but smile around. Here is a picture of us together again...


We were both so so so exited to see eachother!!!


This is Naomi, another beautiful familiar face... !!!

Later today, we also were given an 'amazing race' style challenge by our team leaders, Gen and Heather. We were split into 4 teams of 4, and given a list of tasks to accomplish. The list included taking the correct trains to get to Shibuya (a 'down town part of Tokyo) and finding random shopps, eating certain foods and taking pictures of specific things. It was a total blast... here are some pictures..


(I was here at night a last time I was in Tokyo... this is one of, if not the buisiest pedestrian intersection in the world... its amazing... )


Here is a random picture I took while crossing a street. It is always super busy here!!


Well, tomorrow is our first day on campus. I am a little apprehensive, but confident that God is the ultimate victor of whatever opposition we may face. Japan is a very dark country spiritually, and we are expecting to encounter strong opposition from the enemy... so be praying for us all. God is King though, and there is no greater power than the one to whom we belong. Praise God.

Night!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea. More Tokyo stuff. You write so well. It is so fun to hear the joy in your heart. Can't wait to hear what God has in store for you!
    Way to go, Emily. I'm so proud of you. I love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, select 'name/url' in the 'comment as' scroll box. Then just type in your name. Don't worry about the URL =)