Sunday, May 24, 2009

Konnichiwa

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say WE MADE IT TO KOENJI, TOKYO, JAPAN!!!

Our day of traveling from LA to Tokyo went really well, so thank you all who prayed for us. Our flight was on time, and actually arrived a bit early. We all made it through customs with surprising ease, and all of our bags arrived very quickly. We took 3 trains to get to our station, one of which (the one we were on the longest) had seats for everyone, it was delightful!!

So, what would a day of traveling be without a bit of mishap and excitement...haha, and how would Emily ever encounter such a day... well, really only one thing 'exciting' happened to me, and it had to do with an unfortunate water situation on the airplane. After getting through security, I filled my empty (BIG) water bottle for the plane ride, and prepared to stay fully hydrated for the 11ish hour flight. Well, between the sip I took before loading, and getting settled on the plane, I discovered that the lid had not been put on, and ALL the water had spilled all over the floor below my seat, drenching my pillow, sweatshirt, extra clothing and a few other things. Haha!! Thankfully it truly was not a big issue, and everything worked out just fine!

I am THRILLED to be back in Japan, I seriously just LOVE it here!!! Ahh!! My team is so awesome, and I have had the awesome privilage of being selected to be one of 4 campus leaders (?!?!).

Here are some pictures and a video (hopefully it works) for you all!! There will be an album posted on Facebook soon that I will post a link to. Please fill free to leave comments!

Some of the team at meal time during briefing


Almond Fish... dried fish and slivered almonds... yummm. A common snack food in Japan..


The team-building activity that required us to eat the little guys (fish)


READY.SET.GO!!!
Excited on the way to the AIRPORT


WE CANT WAIT!!! One of my new AWESOME friends, Jess


Leaving Briefing



The plane that got us to Japan!!



I'M IN JAPAN!!!!


The group of Campus leaders (minus one, who took the picture)
Left to right: Matt (my parter, an MK who grew up in Papua New Guinea!) Me, Jess, Heather and Gen (our group leaders!) and not pictured, Kylan.
Pray for us!!


2 comments:

  1. thats soooooo cool em! you're going to have a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea. You made it. Great pictures! I LOVE YOU!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, select 'name/url' in the 'comment as' scroll box. Then just type in your name. Don't worry about the URL =)