Friday, May 1, 2009

Great is Thy Faithfulness

I am working on a paper right now for my 2 Corinthians class. The paper is going to be focused on 2 Corinthians 1:3-6 which talks about comfort in the midst of suffering. While there is so much I have to say on the subject [as I am studying to write a paper on it...] the sweet and pure beauty of the comfort is something I just want to quickly share.

The comfort we have in the midst of suffering is the faithfulness of God. How sweet it is to look back through time, to read the accounts of God's faithfulness to Abraham, of his faithfulness to the Israelites, of his faithfulness throughout the ages, and know that even today, His faithfulness remains.

How precious the thought that my God is faithful
and how sweet it is to my soul

I will probably post the paper I am writing, and I hope it will be an encouragement to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, please continue to pray for our Indian neighbors. My heart aches for Laurenja with a love that makes me weep at times. I cherish her, and it breaks my heart that she does not yet know God. It is strange though, because I feel as though He knows her already.... and, that it is only a matter of time before the veil is lifted and her heart opened to the precious truth of the gospel. Please pray. This is an urgent matter, and I want you to be included in the joy of her salvation.



Also, we just found out she is expecting!!! Our prayer is that her child would be born into a household that worships the true God. Our prayer is also that this child would be a vessel of mercy, chosen to display Christ through his/her life. Pray for the little life God is bringing us.



Our God is faithful!!
Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger account, select 'name/url' in the 'comment as' scroll box. Then just type in your name. Don't worry about the URL =)