Thursday, March 19, 2009

Support Letter


Dear Friends and Family,

I am so excited!! This summer I have been accepted to travel with Campus Crusade for Christ to Japan for 6 weeks to help spread the gospel among Japanese university students! There is a HUGE need for the gospel to penetrate Japan as the country is only slightly more than 1% Christian. Most of the students I will be reaching out to have never heard the name of Jesus or the beautiful news of what He has done for them. The average Japanese student does not have many opportunities to hear the gospel, and it has been found that a student there typically needs to hear the gospel over 7 times before they accept Christ. If you do the math, it is obvious that there is a huge need for people who are willing to share the gospel in Japan.

Two years ago, I spent 3 weeks in Tokyo, Japan and fell in love with the Japanese people. Nothing makes my heart smile like the memories and anticipation of loving these people that have become precious to my heart. The thought of having to live my life without the truths of God brings overwhelming agony, yet for most Japanese, this reality is all they know. God has entrusted the most precious truths of Himself to me, and it is my duty and privilege to be a carrier of the good news to those who are searching for truth.

During my stay in Japan, I will be spending time daily on different Universities, reaching out to students through intentional friendships with the hopes of sharing the gospel. We will be partnering with the local campus crusade staff with the intention of providing adequate long-term follow up and discipleship for the students who indicate a desire to learn more about Christ. Most of my days will be filled with learning the culture, reaching out to students, building friendships and sharing the gospel. The goal of the trip is to be obedient to whatever opportunity God gives us to share the gospel, and to make an impact for the Kingdom of God in whatever way we can.

I am extremely excited about this opportunity, yet I realize that I cannot do it alone. Not only will I be needed the support of my teammates going with me, but I will also need the support of my ‘family’ here through prayer and if possible financial gifts. I need to raise $5,500.00 by May in order to make this trip happen (sitting here right now, that number seems huge… but I am confident that if God wants me to go, he will provide)

I would be delighted if you would partner with me financially, but please realize that your prayers are equally, if not more important to me, as I will be engaging in a battle for souls. 2 Corinthians 4:4 says, “In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Please pray with confidence that God would remove the veil the devil has put over their eyes; that when the truth is presented, their hearts would be able to accept it. Please also pray against attacks from the ‘god of this world’ who will not be willing to let go of these lovely people.


How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”Romans 10:14-15

1 comment:

  1. I"m excited for you!!!!!!! It is wonderful to hear your passion for Christ as you reach those in Japan with His love!!!!! GO EMILY!

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, select 'name/url' in the 'comment as' scroll box. Then just type in your name. Don't worry about the URL =)