Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Things Pondered and Learned

At Cornerstone, we are learning a lot about community right now. The emphasis has been on different parts of Simi Valley coming together on a regular basis to encourage and spur each other on and to meet the needs of neighbors. While this seems like a fun and excellent thing.... I am starting to realize the sacrifices I must make... with a torn heart.

I was really excited about the whole idea of community, but now as I am realizing I am going to have to make time in my schedule at seemingly inconvenient times, suddenly I find myself more annoyed than excited... which is not okay.

I have to be honest... American Christians scare me.... and intentionally spending time with them is not really always what I want to do... but as I find myself upset at the 'lack of community,' I am now finding my attitude a large part of the problem. Yikes. Time for some tough humility and maybe some changes in my heart....

This weekend there is going to be a gathering in my community, celebrating passover...
I thought some about missing it... but not a great deal, choosing instead to go home and raise support for my trip to Japan, and going camping the few days before hand. I have already booked the sites and made all the arrangements and plans, but feel kind of sick about missing a community gathering now.... ugh.

Live and learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger account, select 'name/url' in the 'comment as' scroll box. Then just type in your name. Don't worry about the URL =)