Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Enjoying the Blessings

After getting back from Japan, I spent a few days here in Simi Valley, and then I traveled to Merced, where my family is now living, then on to Oregon for a wedding, back to Merced, and with a small de-tour through Los Banos to see some old friends, I am finally back in Simi Valley for a while.... FHEW!

It has been a very eventful last few months for me, and I am savoring some down time.... to say the least. Usually I have a very hard time just relaxing, and while I was home in Merced, I found myself stressed out and unable to take advantage of the opportunity to relax with my family. It was really hard, but brought out some really good conversations with my parents, and I was able to share with them many things that had been building up in my heart.

After coming back to Simi, and being able to just spend some alone time in my apartment, I have been feeling the stress slowly melt away. Every day has held something new, and today I have just found a beautiful relaxed peace in my heart.

I feel like this is a time of restoration for me, and in my heart I hear a faint whisper that something great is to come. Maybe soon, I will get to share the gospel with my neighbors, or perhaps, God will reveal something beautiful about himself to me. Until that time though, I am learning to patiently wait for Him and have busied myself in learning more about my Savior Jesus, and the great love he offers all those who come to him.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I know the Lord has great and mighty things planned for you; day by day He is conforming you into His image and transforming you by the renewing of your mind. As you wait on Him, He will reveal His plans to you in His perfect timing.

    Blessings,
    Patty, a Cru mom

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, select 'name/url' in the 'comment as' scroll box. Then just type in your name. Don't worry about the URL =)