Saturday, June 6, 2009

Update

It is such a beautiful day here in Koeni! I went out this morning to grab some breakfast and was greeted by blue, clear, sunny skies and the promise of a warm and lovely day. It has been raining almost every day here, which has been fun and beautiful, in its own way... but its a delightful change... and I am looking forward to being outside a bit today =)

Last night, after blogging, I had a wonderful time of prayer and reflection. It is amazing to me, because when I started to pray, I found amazing peace in my heart, and a curious absence of everything that has been making me anxious these last few weeks. It was beautiful. I am realizing the preciousness of God's love. Though I felt like the last few weeks were difficult, God's love proved stronger, more beautiful and faithful than even my greatest moments of hardship. I cannot believe how much He loves me. I remember praying a few nights ago, in the shower (great place for prayer... haha) asking God to please open my eyes to His love...

Sometimes when I think of God, the picture that comes into my heart is of a God who is big, strong, all powerful... and somewhat frightening. While those qualities can prove comforting, it is only through the realization that this God, more powerful than all else, loves me with a love as great as His power. I forget that.... a lot, but God is faithful to remind me, that I am loved... and precious. And, that quiets my heart, fills me with thankfulness, and makes me smile.

I am so thrilled to be sharing this love with students in Japan... most of whom do not even know this kind of love exists, aside from their dissapointment in relationships and life...and yet even in that, while they may desire or hope for something more... they do not know where to turn. But, God being so great and loving, has tenderly brought a group of students to them, just to let them know.

How great is our God.

Here are some pictures from the day my campus team went to ICU High School. This day turned out to be such a great blessing and I was encouraged beyond words at the responses of some of the students. I posted a more detailed blog a few days ago with more detailed stories.. but here are some pictures for those of you who have already read them.

Here are some of my teammates leading discussion groups during an english lunch we promoted. This is an opportunity for students to practice their english, and a chance for us to share the gospel. It works out quite beautifully =)
Here is one of my teammates, Amy, sharing her testimony to a group of Sophmore students. It was a powerful time, and in the course of two days, over 110 students heard about God's love.

Here I am leading a discussion group after two of my teammates shared their testimony in front of a class full of students. I was able to share some of my testimony, and have some beautiful talks with many students who opened up and shared a bit of their hearts. At one point, I had to hold back tears, as one student (unknowingly) admitted that he desired unconditional love, greater than anything he had ever been able to 'earn.' He really wanted to just be loved for who he was. To tell him about the love of God at that moment was... beyond words. Pray for Jembae.


And finally, this is fun, I got to see my friend Andy yesterday. He is on staff with Crusade as a STINTer in Nagoya (one of the 3 largest cities in Japan) and among the first team of Australian STINTers to Japan ever. I met Andy when I was in Australia a few years ago, and he stopped by when he was in the states. We have now spend time together on three different continents... so awesome! Pray for his team...they are reaching the lost in another part of Japan so desperate to hear of God's love.

Finally, my love to everyone who is reading this. God is doing some powerful things in my heart, and...I am experiencing Him in ways that are direct answers to prayer. The gratitude in my heart, and love for the lost... God has grown in my heart beyond my ability to express. This is what I want to do with the rest of my life... I can think of nothing else, nothing that even comes close to the passion I have for telling others about God's love.

Thank you all for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. How great to get caught up on your trip. I've been off line due to our move. Still am. We are connecting through Steve York's computer. I pray my "one thing" from God's word for you daily! Today's prayer was from Matthew 26:8 "...what a waste of money..." Praying that God would give you a great burden to "waste" your life for Him. I love you precious! Dad

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, select 'name/url' in the 'comment as' scroll box. Then just type in your name. Don't worry about the URL =)